Julie Paul, MScPT Physiotherapist
Call to arrange a
complimentary 15 minute ‘meet the physio' visit where you can learn about physiotherapy and if it’s right for you.
Julie grew up in St. Catharines, Ontario, and worked as a student athletic therapist for the Brock University wrestling team during her Bachelor of Science (Health Sciences) degree. She achieved her Masters Degree in Physiotherapy at McMaster University in 2013. Julie fell in love with the west coast mountains while on vacation in the summer of 2014, and drove from Ontario to BC to live in Vancouver permanently 8 weeks later! She has enjoyed participating in muay thai, jiujitsu, skiing, snowshoeing, cycling, hiking and backpacking since moving to Vancouver.
Julie is very passionate about human movement and empowering her patients to learn about their bodies, understand their injuries and rehab, and return to whatever activities they enjoy.
Julie is currently a senior therapist at Kids Physio Group (private practice pediatrics), and has been providing private home visit physiotherapy services (as Julie Paul Physiotherapy) in the Vancouver area since 2014, specializing in complex musculoskeletal injuries, pain disorders, car accident recovery, workplace injuries, post-surgical pain, and concussions. Julie is excited to work alongside the Tonume healthcare team to provide a collaborative approach to rehabilitation.
CURRENT CLINICAL INTEREST:
Julie’s current clinical focus is using a technique called Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR).
P-DTR treats muscles, ligaments, and joints at the “receptor level”, to provide more immediate changes in the signalling pathways to the brain. Similar to adjusting the software/communication system of a computer. When the software works better, everything does!
This can contribute to more immediate pain relief and improved muscle activation during strength testing and movement of the body.
Julie has received her Advanced Level Certification in P-DTR.
Julie is at Tonume Integrated Health on Monday and Wednesdays from 7:30 am-until 5:00pm.
Contact our reception desk at Tonume to book with Julie, book online, or email Julie directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on her availability!
Monday 7:30 - 5:00
Wednesday 7:30 - 5:00
Julie has received certifications and attended a variety of courses including but not limited to:
– Neurokinetic Therapy (NKT) Level 1, 2 & 3 course and certification: finding muscle compensation patterns and improving motor control and body awareness;
– Complete Concussion Management Certification (2017): evidence-based course on multisystem, comprehensive, concussion assessment and management;
– Concussion Management Workshop (2016): including vision, balance, and vestibular rehabilitation, as well as post-concussion treatment and manual therapy techniques for the cervical spine (bones of the neck);
– Barefoot Training Summit conference including components of (2016): Animal Flow (variety of core strengthening and bodyweight movements), proprioceptive (body awareness) training, primal movement (reflex-based, developmental movement patterns) and fascial tensioning (to assist with balance, alignment, and foot/ankle stability);
– Primal Movement Chains Workshop (2016): working along fascial chains, rotational muscle patterns and effective force generation to improve stability, performance, and reduce injury;
– Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration (MNRI): Dynamic and Postural Reflex Pattern Integration course (2015): manual techniques to assist with regulating the sensory system and integrating automatic reflexes to promote development and treat sensory concerns (http://masgutovamethod.com/about-the- method);
– Sensory and Motor Processing for Postural Control course (2014): inner and outer core activation, development and treatment of postural control in children with ASD, CP, and DCD;
– Neurodevelopmental Training (NDT) Problem-Solving Workshop (2014): postural reactions and facilitation of normal developmental movement patterns;
– Therapeutic RockTaping Certification (2013): muscle, joint, ligament, and fascial taping to improve movement and reduce pain;